Followers

Sunday 5 January 2014

Documented life project

Hi Peeps
I found this challenge the other day and thought I would have a go .... I must be crazy as if I haven't got enough to do,
Anyway the general idea is to add art journal pages to a yearly planner.

But me being me I decided to make mine a bit different .... don't like following a pattern see!
When I first found the link there were only 3 days to the first deadline.
 I made it but only just, the tea bag effect took over (you know before you can make the tea you have to wash up etc etc).

I had all the stuff (in fact I plan on using up a lot of stash)
I had to find 52 pages, not all the same, its more interesting that way.

As my book is going to be ring bound I had to punch holes in some of the paper, handyman found the noise annoying... It was really. Then I cut them to more or less the same size and added them to the ring binder I had.
 
The theme for the first page is 'my front door'..... so here it is


The background is inked and sprayed and stamped with samples of things and people who are important to me. Quite pleased with how it turned out in the end.


 
I am  making my own calendar pages which I printed   and stuck on the back of the page. I did a bit of journaling and embellishing. then I turned it over........ DOH!


Well its a learning curve isn't it I will leave it upside down.... this time!
The post are up loaded onto facebook.... there are about 2500 participants not sure if I will be able to keep up with it .... in fact I  know  I wont.
have a good week.. next week is to include a selfie ... at least I know what it is :-)
janet







 

3 comments:

  1. Love the calender/art journal concept! You are brilliant, even if it is upside down! lol Love it, and thank you for visiting my blog, you are such a sweetheart! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project. I'm doing something similar with a 'thankful' calendar. Each day I will write 1 thing I am thankful for that day. Will be showcasing on my blog in the coming weeks - usually Mondays (ust not today lol)
    Creative Blessings in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always the busiest people who sign on to do more.... which is why I'm glad I've learned to embrace my inner slacker. That said I am envious of your drive and enthusiasm! I guess they give you some guidance of what to art journal about and I'm sure that helps you to get 'er done. Great page and great attitude about it being upside down. It's all a learning curve!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know you have popped by so please leave a comment, they are much appreciated.